1. Some people believe that spending money on developing technology for space exploration is unjustifiable, there are more beneficial ways to spend money. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. People are now surrounded by advertising. This both affects what people think is important and has a negative impact on people's lives. To what extent do you agree and disagree?
3. Nowadays many young people in work force change their jobs or careers every few years. What do you think are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
4. Some people believe the best way to produce a better society is to ensure there is only a small difference between the earnings of the richest and the poorest. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
5. Some people think the best way to solve traffic congestions in cities is to provide free public transport 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. An increasing number of people change their career and places of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or negative development?
7. Some people believe that university education should focus on the skills of employment for the future. Others think should focus academic study only. Discuss both views and give your opinion
8. Some people think painting and drawings are as important as other subjects, they should be compulsory in high school education. What do you think?
9. Some people think that the increasing use of computers and mobile phones for communication has had a negative effect on young people’s reading and writing skills. Does the advantage outweigh the disadvantage?
10. Machines have replaced physical work in many industries. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
11. Some countries achieve international sporting success by building specialized facilities to train top athletes instead of providing sports facilities that everyone can use. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
12. Some people think living in big cities is bad for people’s health. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13. Some people think a rise in standard of living in a country only seems to benefit cities more than rural areas. What problems may those differences cause? How to reduce this problem?
14. In some countries, the government has tried to reduce traffic. For instance, they imposed a congestion tax during the rush hour. Do you think this development is positive or negative?
15. The range and quality of food have been improved with the development of technology and scientific advance. Some people think it is good and others think it is harmful. Discuss two sides and give your own opinion.